The purpose of the ESF Scholarship Scheme, is
to enable fellowships and grants to be made to members of the Victorian
Emergency Services to assist them to undertake advanced studies in Australia
or overseas.This might be by participating in formal courses of education
or training or by attachment for study or observation with other agencies
or educational or training institutions to advance their educational and
Emergency Services Agency heads need to fully endorse recommended applicants for scholarships, confirming the benefits that would flow to the agency if their nominee is successful and the proposed methodology suggested.
A Scholarship Committee has been established and at this point in excess of 120 scholarships have been awarded.
Guidelines for Writing your Report.
To assist you in writing your report, on your return from your scholarship trip, contact Jenny Davis- 0406 003765, who will provide you with a sample copy of guidelines.
2017 ESF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.Scholarship applications are also welcome from the following Victorian Agencies.
- AMBULANCE VICTORIA
- AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS (VIC)
- AUSTRALIAN VOLUNTEER COAST GUARD
- COUNTRY FIRE AUTHORITY
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT,PLANNING AND LOCAL INFRASTRUCTURE
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT VICTORIA
- LIFE SAVING VICTORIA
- MARINE SAFETY VICTORIA
- METROPOLITAN FIRE BRIGADE
- PARKS VICTORIA
- ST.JOHN AMBULANCE AUSTRALIA VIC
- VICTORIAN COUNCIL OF CHURCHES
- VICTORIA POLICE
- VICTORIA STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE
A scholarship information pack can be obtained, by clicking on the link below.
FOR ANY QUERY
Should you need assistance and wish to discuss your application for the 2017 year and the processes involved, contact Jenny Davis on 0406 003765. Who will put you in touch with an ESF Alumni member within your agency, who has previously been awarded a scholarship and will be happy to mentor and guide you through the process.
The Emergency Servicces Foundation (ESF) is pleased to advise that the following scholarship applicants have been awarded a 2016 ESF Scholarship:
ESF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEES FOR 2016
Darren Conlin - MFB - Undertake a global study tour to identify,evaluate, and assess initiatives and contribute to the development of a terrorism response capability framework for (non-law enforcement ) response agencies.
Philip Richard Hawkey - CFA -Traditional Burning Practice Implications for planned burning in Victoria.
Gavin Charles Parker -CFA - Identify the best practices for the prevention,detection and supression of fire in open cut brown coal mines,coal handling ,transport and processing including power generation facilities.
Craig Shepherd -VICPOL - Gain specialist knowledge to develop Victoria Police Remote Piloted Aircraft & Systems Unit.
James Wong -CFA - 'Air systems for emergency responders'.To explore the successful implementation of self contained breathing apparatus technology and innovations,specifically targeting enhancements to emergency responder safety in irrespirable atmospheres within complex environments.
ESF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2015
EMV Investigate best practice in the way warnings & information is provided to international communities during emergencies.
Wayne Rigg - CFA - Aviation Capability to Meet an 'All Hazards,All Agency,All year' Approach to Protect Victorian Communities.
ESF Scholarship Scheme 2014
- CommunityPreparedness,Engagement & Education. -SES Volunteer -
- Prepare ,respond & manage train incidents in Victoria. - CFA -
- High Performance CPR. - AMBVIC -
- 3D's Animal Disease. - DEPI -
ESF Scholarship Scheme 2013
- Maximising engagement of volunteer participants in Emergency Services Training. -VICSES- Volunteer-
- Utilising Water Support Units. -CFA-Volunteer -
- Lieutenant Tony Bundock -CFA-Volunteer- Investigate best practice models of building a resilient emergency and rescue service within a contracting fiscal environment.
- Investigating best practice in transferring emergency personnel and equipment to ships and strategies to combat marine fires and incidents. l - MFB-
- Training methods to improve decision making and safety. - CFA-Volunteer -
- Identifying capability and capacity opportunities to improve the delivery and development of eLearning programs to benefit multi agency training and response at a state and national level. - VICPOL-
- OM Stephen Walls - CFA - Multi Agency Training,Education and professional development for Strategic Level Incident Managers.
All Volunteer Scholarships have been funded by the Victorian Government.
History of ESF Scholarship Winners
This document provides a list of previous scholarship winners, and their topics dated back to 1988.
Scholarship Recipient Reports
Reports and research generated by previous scholarship recipients sorted by year in PDF Format are available here.